Life is just funny sometimes. This week was particularly entertaining. I present you with some observations, in the present perfect* tense:
- Exhibit A: You still don’t speak like the English. As evidenced when you asked a colleague “How did you find France?” and he thought you were asking him how he physically found it (i.e. using a map) as opposed to what his impressions actually were about it.
- Exhibit B: Your cats are not as old as you think they are. As evidenced by the shreds of paper towel you found in the bathtub last night.
- Exhibit C: You should not touch your face after reading the Metro newspaper in the Tube. As evidenced by the fact you looked like a coal miner when you got home.
- Exhibit D: You should get more rest on weekends**. As evidenced by the fact that you spent all day yesterday thinking it was Wednesday.
- Exhibit E: Your world will be crushed when people tell you both Bono and Deborah Messing are “reportedly” prima donas. As evidenced by the fact that you are still recovering because your favorite song in high school was “With or Without You” and you still wish you lived in an episode of “Will & Grace”. (Update: You refuse to believe it.)
- Exhibit E: Take note of the following: Ken Burns’ New Documentary on the Roosevelts; When Jenna Lyons took over JCrew’s Twitter feed during Fashion Week; Mindy Kaling in 2012; My Drunk Kitchen meets Jamie Oliver; Gilmore Girls on Netflix.
*I had to google which tense this was. All those years of English grammar classes…
**This is what blogging looks like when sleep deprived.
In other news, this photo was taken at one of my favorite London summer spots: the sandy banks of Gabriel’s Wharf on the Southbank. You never know what you are going to see when you pass.